There is a heck of a lot to talk about if you’re a home builder or real estate developer when it comes to your product – how it is built, why it is built in a certain way, the materials you use to build it. Don’t assume that a potential buyer won’t be interested in the minutia of building what may eventually be their home.
Start with your own history
- What have you built?
- Where have you built it?
- How has it stood the test of time?
Your previous projects are your resume – show it to your potential boss (clients).
- What is your specialty?
- Why are your homes or your product superior to your competitors’ in the category?
- Quality subcontractors? Your own crew? Justify your choice
- Quality materials? Focus on specifics and why they make a difference.
- Builder technique / practices. Here’s why we don’t do it this way
Home designWhat is unique about your floor plan?
- Designer touches. Where and how they change the look or feel of the home
Video adds a strong legitimacy when you talk about the features of your homes. Viewers love real estate video tours of homes and models. Before and after videos really tell a story, as do good photos. A video chronology of a build supplies fodder for a series of posts.
A few examples:
- Up and coming project, barely out of the ground
- Touring an under-construction home
- Before and after builder projects
- More before and after home renovations
- This video demonstrates insulation quality