Blog posts, videos, images and other content need to be topical and be relevant to your audience, but they also need to be readable – even exciting. The real success is in your live traffic – reading, clicking, and commenting.
I, like anyone, occasionally suffer from writers’ block and need to go in search of topics that will not only interest you, and serve my objectives of providing simplified SEO and content advice that you can use. Not easy. I often need to scrape around for a topic, so I’m guessing that you have to as well when you’re creating content. Maybe some of these ideas will help.
- Differentiate yourself by recapping a recent article about your industry with your own opinion – while all of your competitors post it verbatim.
- Cite interesting comments on your previous blog posts.
- Debunk a myth or misconception about your industry.
- Talk about your customers’ successes – and how they were successful – ideally using your product or service.
- Revisit hot topics from years (months) past and speak to the issue from today’s perspective.
- Write a post about something you learned this week or month.
- Create your own charts or graphics to illustrate a point about your product or service.
- Compile your old posts into relevant groups and link back to them appropriately. You’re reading one.